Sunday, August 11, 2013

December 11, 1976 (Letter from Harriet)



It's 1:00 AM.  I've just come home and decided at the time was ripe for this letter to happen.  Paul, I was really touched by your letter.  I never expected it.  I didn't think that I'd ever hear from you again.

Paul, do you remember when we met, just about a year ago?  Although the attracted was physical, for sure, the spiritual aspect was there, at least for me.  If you remember, I told you that I had been having bad times and that I was not that happy those days.  That was an understatement.  When we met, I thought that you could make me laugh & bring me out of the depression.  I guess our distance aborted that from happening.  I had just spent a relationship with someone trying to draw him out -- getting at the feelings and emotions that were deep down under. That experience really drained me.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I'm feeling better these days, more confident about myself and happy about my life.  I feel, though, that I'm exhausted, tired with trying to get someone to tell me about themselves.  I want someone to look closely at me, try to understand my inner workings, and draw me out.  I hope that you understand.

What I'm saying.  I'm not sure that a relationship between us could work.  Instead, let us keep the friendship that should have started in the first place.  I'm going to California for a few weeks & will be back in January sometime.  Write & tell me what you think.  Have a Merry Christmas -- will you be in Pennsylvania?  Tell me what you are doing with yourself -- this year you will not be having a traditional 10 day vacation -- those days are over!  As for me -- finals are here again!!

P.S.  Have your heard from Tony??

No comments:

Post a Comment