Monday, December 30, 2013

June 20, 1977 (Letter from Barb L)


Just thought I'd drop you a note before falling into bed -- hope your return to Springfield was pleasant.  I have been working my butt off lately in preparation for my week's vacation next week.  I am going to the Cape on Friday the 24th -- arrive in Hyannis 4 p.m. Will stay till July 2nd.  Maybe if you get a chance you can come down -- you will be welcome at Linda &^ Kinky's for sure.  I will be at Linda Johnson's, So Yarmouth, 617/394-1559.  Give me a call or I may call you at work.

I still don't know how I'm getting back.  If you are planning on coming for the 4th weekend -- let me know!  I will take the bus to Springfield and ride with you.  You, me, and the lobsters.  Mardi wants to do the lobsters on Saturday the 2nd.  If I am not back by then I'll put them on the plane in Hyannis & ship them but if we both come back we'll bring them.  Maybe we can talk her into doing it on Sunday.  I guess that's the day Reene was planning on having everybody up to the cottage. Why not switch days?  No big deal but Mardi wants to be sure & get the lobster I guess.

Yesterday we finally got the babies baptized.  I'm Jeremy's godmother & Gino is his godfather. Mardi put on a big spread.  Don't know how she does it all but she really came through with the manicotti and meatballs, etc. etc.

I don't have any other news.  Seems like all I've done is work.  Did go to Lilydale with Rita.  That's a story in itself.  Had a really good experience there.

I got a roommate last week -- Karen Werner.  She's young (20) but not too Warren, ya know?  I like her anyway.  don't know how long she'll stay.  She's having boyfriend troubles & will probably get the hell out of town soon.

Won't we all....

Patsy's boyfriend/future living mate is here this week.  The first couple days he just stayed high & cruised thru the Warren scene.  I'm out of grass -- boo hoo.  It's rough.

Well Paul -- take care & do give me a call sometime about the 4th weekend or just shoot on over to the Cape if the feeling moves you.

See you soon.

P.S.  Guess who called last week -- Terry (of Humboldt St. fame).  I gave her your address -- she's still too shy to call you though.  She's doin fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment