Wednesday, August 28, 2013

January 19, 1977 (Letter from Yolanda)



Paul it was real nice to receive your letter today in the mail, because I have been home sick for weeks with teh flu or what ever you want to call it.  I think I had a sinus infection, aches, pain, fever, upset stomach, back ache, sore muscles.  You name it I had it.  Brother I would not wish this on my worst enemy.  I am much better, although I am still on medication.  I'm hoping to to back to work on Mon.  The doctor claimed I had bronchitis.  I better get real well soon because I have to get ready for that new baby & I don't want to be sick or have any germs so that any baby else gets t his because it's just terrible & when you get older it gets harder to fight.  I have not even seen my mother since all this. My brothers & kids & neighbors have been real great by bringing things into me because I have not been able to stick my head outside in this cold weather.  

The weather has just been sub-freezing for so long.  Today it was up as high as 21 which is good. Heat wave!  Lately is has been zero & below for so long.  Look at Miami, Fl.  They even had snow today. That is getting bad, especially all those people that go down for that good old sunshine.  That is bad for the citrus crops.  Even up in Springfield, & all over the mid-west & south.  Can you imagine the Mississippi River freezing.

Paul I really enjoyed that lovely dinner you and Renee cooked up at Mardi's.  I could eat some right now because I have hardly eaten during my sickness.  I had lost my sense of taste & smell for three days, but it's all back now & I even lost 5 lbs, so food sound good about now.

Thanks a lot for Mike's address & phone no.  I shall drop him a few lines, too.

I hope & pray the rest of this year is better.  It has started out bad as far as weather & sickness is concerned.  Maybe the rest will be better.  Take good care of yourself & stay warm & maybe by the 4th of July we'll celebrate & have a good time. Thanks again.

No comments:

Post a Comment