Monday, September 23, 2013

February 3, 1977 (Letter from Lar)



I'm sitting here watching TV.  "Alexander Von Humboldt" of the "Ten Who Dared" series is on.

Dale and I have been working on my speakers.  They are quite large, 20x30"

It snowed about 8" inches today.  I had a hard time keeping up with it.  As soon as I was done shoveling the walk, I had to start over again.

Did you see any of "Roots".  I saw all but one nite.  It was very good.

I'm sittin' next to my heater.  It's only 50 in my living room, and about 53 in the kitchen,  I find it more comfortable when it's cooler than warmer.

Dale tore his speakers apart and is rebuilding them.  He put contact paper on them.  They look nice.

Mr. Conaway is supposed to have the swine flu.  Dad said I was morbid for hoping for a swine flu epidemic that would wipe out a lot of people.  But I feel we need an epidemic to bring down the population a little.

This year could be a rough year weather-wise.  In the mountains out west, there won't be much melt-off next summer, which would cause a severe drought.

We need something to shake up the world, in order to make it more livable, in the future.

I put new linoleum on my bathroom floor..  It cost less than $10 for everything.

I have to write to Barb.  I haven't heard from her since Christmas.

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment