Thursday, March 29, 2012

January 26, 1970 (Letter from Kathy)

Weather here has also been very cold, little snow, but plenty of cold wind off the ocean.


We've been having obscene phone calls here because we put our names (first names) in the phone book instead of initials.

I'm surprise you didn't have a stereo before.

You should just be getting back from term break.

I've been having a really great time up here.  This year I'm taking advantage of things.  Last Saturday I went skating on Lake Winnepesaukee in N.H.; this Saturday (yesterday) I went skiing on Mt. Tecumseh in N.H.; and next weekend I'm going skiing in Vermont.  I can't wait.  It should be really great.  I'm taking a lesson the first thing I get there though, because I"m not tackling those slopes on my little knowledge!!

I'm still working two nights a week -- always Thurs and then one of Fri, Sat, or Sun depending upon my plans.

I'm having midterms right now, and I'm coming fairly close to flunking Pharmacology.  Did really poorly on the midterm - the final will be my only other grade!

Going to my first hockey game (see what I mean -- I've been here a year and haven't done anything).  Harvard, B.C. (Boston College), Boston U., and Northeastern are having a tournament.

The guy I go skiing with told me he would take me to a Bruins game sometime.

Saw "Easy Rider" Friday night.  If you haven't seen it, you must go.

Guess that's all I have to say.

Gary called today -- he goes into the Air Force the beginning of March if his chest x-ray and blood test are OK.

Well gonna (oops) "going to" see if I still can't get a little studying in before going to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment