Wednesday, May 2, 2012

October 10, 1971 (Letter from Mardi)



Thanks for the hour of sweeping I had to do in order to get the sand out of the carpet due to the fact that I didn't have a vacuum cleaner handy when I spilt your letter.

Everything is back to normal with Anderson now.  A-C-T-I-O-N weekend though -- Bill and I moaning and groaning with stomach flu.  It could have had something to do with how bombed we got Friday night.  You'd never believe our old drinking bar -- Al's!  Super ritzy now!  It really blew my mind.  I guess Bill left Boston and went to New York and then to Philly.  Barb was upset because everything was such a mess when they were there.  She sounds like she's in "good" shape -- no job, except for typing -- Doreen has moved out and Nancy her new roommate never had any money an does not work.  The eternal hassle...

Things here on the home front are quite stable -- thank god!  When winter sets in it's good to be "secure"?  I'm expecting to be snowed in any day now!

Anyway -- I'm going to close for you -- Comedy for Big Kids in on with Buster Keaton, no 3 Stooges tonight.

Good morning greetings!  (10/12/71)

I can only say that because I am well rested, since I did not have to go to work yesterday!  I must have a phobia about getting up for work every seventh or eighth Monday.  After that amount of time I just can't seem to face another Monday.  Just call me "Abigail Fortitude Abbott!"  Good heavens, what made me think of that name?!  I just had a neato keen day though.  I went and got Cindy's dog (she lives on 31st and Colfax) a St. Bernard, and then went to the park and around Lake Harriet and Lake Calhoun.  The leaves were falling, the sun was out -- wow, I dig that stuff to no end.  It was a truly inspiring day -- inspiring though to quit work and take off or something!   I then set a foot to the drugstore to pick up Bill's pictures of the trip!  My second most favorite things -- PICTURES!  Where the dog knocked over the newspaper stand and caused a big of confusion.  Then upon passing the local ice-cream parlor I had to stop and get a double-dipped chocolate bon bon ice cream cone, which the dog and I both ate.  Now, that's a neat day!

I must go.  CUSTOMER!  Take care!

Do you know when you are coming?  You can stay at our place til Dec. and then fly home w/ me if you want.  I don't know what you plans are!!! I enclosed an October calendar for keeping track of time!

P.S.  You would have #27!!!! That is funny!  Yuk! Yuk!

No comments:

Post a Comment