Tuesday, September 4, 2012

December 13, 1973 (Letter from Leslie)



Hi sweetie.  What to say.  I'm sorry things are going to be the way they are going to be. I love you and am not looking forward to your being so far away.  There is no use discussing this further in this letter - I will wait to talk to you in person, I definitely want to see you over the Christmas vacation.

Over my vacation, from the 17th of Dec (just two finals that week) till the 13th of Jan, I plan to be in Buffalo for awhile and in New York City for while as well as at home.  The dates are not set yet so when you write me again, let me know what your plans are.

Overall things are okay.  Have started doing Christmas shopping and am deciding who to send Christmas cards to.  I haven't sent cards in two years.

This is a shorty because I don't have much time this morning.  I did want to mention some records though -- for my birthday I got Rick Wakeman's Six Wives of Henry the 8th -- wasn't sure I liked it, but now it is beginning to grow on me.  Side one is the best.  Lately I've been playing Get Off in Chicago, Can't Buy a Thrill, and Hot Rats.  Played Grover Washington for Chris and he really bored me -- sounded like he was more show than substance.

Also have started reading The Prime of Life by Simone De Beauvoir.  Am enjoying it.  Will write again as I have other rambles on to mention.

Take care of yourself.  Let me know when you are going home so I know where to write you.


No comments:

Post a Comment