Thursday, May 31, 2012

July 27, 1972 (Letter from Mardi)



Good day!  Thought I'd test out my new stationary on you.  I only ordered about 5 mos. ago.

I'm actually leaving for Boston Sunday!  Shock.  Here it is Thursday and I'm planning to go.  And we are also moving into a house!!!!  We have finally found what we've been looking for.  The upstairs of a house!  The people are young that own it and have a daughter about 7-8.  They love the dog and the upstairs is big.  It has a neat sun room, living room, dining room, bedroom, kit, and bath.  The rent is what we are paying now and there was no deposit.  We have a small back yard and porch, but the backporch is kinda a mess right now.  So we are moving all the stuff tomorrow and should be fairly settled by Sat night.  Bill is painting the bathroom and finishing the kitchen tonight.  The address is 4529 Lyndale Avenue South about 9 blocks from us now.  If you're stopping in Mpls again you'll like it.  Just don't ever come back -- you're back luck -- we'll have to move again -- just kidding!!!!   But I'm getting a little paranoid about seeing you!!!!

Oh!  I talked to my mother last night and she said she was sitting in the living room Mon or Tues and who walks in but Mike.  He said when he got to Toledo there were 2 other guys staying with his friend that apparently he knew nothing about.  He said it was really crowded and messy.  Of course it's his idea to live comfortably and I suppose there is nothing wrong with that except the guy does not have a ounce of confidence or reassurance that I can see.  You can tell he's very nervous and I know he's just plain SCARED!  He's got to be.  He's the only person I know who is so upset about graduating and leaving old BW!!!!?  What's a little inconvenience and misery when you are looking for a job?  He could have managed somehow.  He'll drive himself crazy.  My mother says she just listens to him and doesn't say anything anymore!  My mother also said Mark was in the store last week and shocked her.  He's going to be home for awhile and said he wanted to have a long talk with my mother when he got home.  He said he's been moving around and things could be better.  My mother knows a lot about Mark that's she's never said anything about.

Guess what?  Anderson finally got his tattoo!!! Do you believe?  Bob and Dave Swieberger and Bill Peterson, and Bill went to Milwaukee to see some friends etc and who comes back with tattoos but Bob, Bill, and Dave. Bill Peterson already had his!!!  It really isn't bad.  Anderson got a clipper ship on the most "manly" part of his person -- his chest.  But the things done in different colors and doesn't look bad.  Bob got a crow, dressed up in top hat and tails and shoes smoking a joint that is really funny.  None of them got big tattoos, thank god!  What's the plural of tattoo anyway?  Bill said there were girls in the place getting a tattoo.  I never thought they'd do it because they are all afraid of needles.

 Well, I had better close.  I've been up since 5:30am.  The Savings and Loan Institute had a breakfast that was being offered if anyone wanted to go.  The speaker was very good and worthwhile listening to.  She is the head of one of the houses in the city for girls that have been addicted.  She was telling us how long she had been on heroin etc before she could get straight again.  It was worth the sacrifice of a few hours sleep I guess.

Anyway I'll be seeing you some time in the future I reckon!  Take care and write.

No comments:

Post a Comment