Friday, January 24, 2014

Sunday, August 7, 1977

                                  Photo from the Dick Dziadzio collection

I decided it was my turn to initiate a letter for a change instead of waiting for you to write.  I can't begin to tell you how great it was to be with you over the 4th of July.  I was also delighted that you finally got to know Morrey better and vice-versa.  At any rate, if was a most pleasant weekend for us and I hope we can all get together soon.

This summer has been full of ups & downs for me.  More downs than ups -- but I'm finally adjusting.  I have gone the gamut from boredom to depression to frustration & back in my quest for a new job.  I haven't had any luck in finding one.  Each time I was hopeful -- I needed up being told that they really like me but they had someone from within the company!  I have resigned myself to go back to teaching and to continue looking for a job.  Nothing would stop me from leaving teaching anyway during the school year so I guess it's not the end of the world.  There will be 2 new teachers on my team this year so things might change for the better -- hopefully.

The good news is Morrey & I are negotiating to buy a house.  Our landlady has been bitching about our dog and it wouldn't be too long before she would tell us to get rid of Lady & we decided to take the plunge & look for a house.  We found one that we fell in love with that is in our price range & in a lovely neighborhood.  It has everything we want in a house:  1) lovely stone fireplace, 2) nice size kitchen & family room, 3) 2 bathrooms, 4) huge & well kept yard, 5) divided basement w/ 1/2 of it paneled & finished off.  We made a bid on it today and we'll know tomorrow night if it is accepted.  I am optimistic at this point that we'll get it and greatly look forward to the possibility of owning our own home.

My parents and my aunt & uncle are coming out for a visit. this week & then Morrey & I are going back to Warren to attend my class reunion and then we'll take our vacation at the cottage for 1 week which we need desperately.  We have been doing a lot of running around, looking for houses & the mental fatigue of the decisions we're now making is most tiring.

I hope that by the next time I write we'll have purchased a house.  I promise to write w/ more details & news then.  I just wanted to keep up the letter writing & let you know what we're up to these days.  Please write soon when you have a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment