Thursday, October 17, 2013

February 28, 1977 (Letter from Dave and Lyn)

 From the "Stone Age".  Seen at the Amherst Cinema.


Well we have had an extremely mild winter, so mild that it looks like a drought in the upcoming summer due to lack of snow.  We had a week of 50 weather just two weeks ago.

The new prison is ready except the facility is now too small  It was built to accommodate (imprison) 300 inmates, but the current population is over 400.  The sate is not sure what to do with the lever overs, parole?  Shades of Gary Gilmore, Montana has sentenced one to do soon.

This winter Lyn and I have been learning cross-country skiing.  We spent four days outside of Glacier Park during Christmas vacation gliding along the North Forks or bombing down hills.  The west side of the Park has some wondrous mountains that I could look upon all day.  Skiing in this manner is easy to learn.  This is my first time ever on skis.

We haven't been to a movie in ages, the last one I saw was Taxi Driver.  The film was intense, suspenseful, but violent.  I guess it was an accurate portrayal of a psychotic as well as an interesting study of life in the city of New York.  The film did have novel camera angles and interesting fade in and out shots.  I'm not sure why Americans enjoy violence but after seeing this film the most realistic ever I'm sure I will be cured for a time.

Rocky is playing in Butte, but I'm skeptical of a film that everyone likes, still I will probably go see the flick.

We have seen some dandy's on PBS television.  The original King Kong had some excellent animated footage of prehistoric animals.  Last week we watched a silent film about Ivan the Terrible made by a Russian in the early 1900s.  I'm sure you know who I am talking about.

This winter I have read Jane Eyre, This Hallowed Ground, and Even Cowgirls Get the Blues quite variety of subject matter there.

Levin is three now and is becoming more enjoyable due to his ability to communicate.  He presently enjoys learning nursery rhymes and simple songs.

We have been busy remodeling our house, especially the kitchen and bathroom.  New paint, sinks, counters, flooring, tile, tables, and work carts.

See you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment