Friday, October 11, 2013

February 18, 1977 (Letter from Cheryl)


Don't rem. who's suppose to owe who a letter, but I was thinking about you, so I thought I'd write. Don't know how far I'll get cuz I been drinking but I'll give it one hell of a try.

Hope you had a good turkey day, Xmas & New Years.  We sure did.  Had a couple big parties here and at our friends' house.  A lot of good food, liquor & people.  Then Lawana's birthday party was the 1st of Feb. so we had 6 kids, 27 big kids, r dozen enchiladas, cake & ice cream, & one hell of a good time up here.  Was a little crowded but fun.  Now nothing happens till the 21st of this month, which is mine & my old man's anniversary.  Been tog. 3 yrs.  Should have a good one then too.  One thing about this valley here.  Everyone likes to party & have fun.  You'd really like it here.

Haven't ever heard from George again since he left.  Neither has his mom.  Guess he's not in jail tho, or someone would have heard from him.  Just hope he found a lady & a decent job, so he doesn't have to go back to the joint again.

My son, George, got busted in November for larceny.  Really blew me away.  Could see his dad all over again.  He went to court the 15th & pleaded guilty and it's postponed til the 2nd of March.  I think they'll give him probation cuz it's his first offense & cuz he's only 11, but in this town their really strict.  If he fucks up again, they'll send him away.  I just hope he learned his lesson.

Guess I'm gettin' pretty sloppy huh?  Oh well I'm havin' a good time.  I'll have a drink for you too. Sure would like to see you again, for ole times sake.  Maybe some day.

Heard on the news you been havin pretty bad weather back there.  That's really too bad -- I feel sorry for ya all.  We been havin days where ya don't need a coat.  Been 45 & 55 the past 2 weeks. Today was cloudy but still 51.  Kinda wish it'd snow tho, cuz if it don't, no one can go in the wood this summer cuz it's so dry.  I kinda think we'll get snow & nasty weather next month.  It's so pretty up here either way so I don't care.

My plants are doin really good.  They've grown a lot in the past 6 wks.  Didn't really notice till today.  Guess cuz I'm around em so much.  But people come over & tell me how good they look & then I notice.  Makes me happy.

Well I've gotta go -- the lines are gettin' a little hazy.  Besides I've gotta feed the kids.  So take care & write soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment