Thursday, October 31, 2013

March 8, 1977 (Letter from Lar)



Today was a beautiful spring day, it was sunny and 50.  I worked outside most of the day.  Frank and I repaired a fence.

I went to a wedding in Buffalo the same day cousin Larry got married.  The girl, who got married, is one of the four girls we met at Allegheny State Park when we rode our bikes there in '72.

I sent Barb a package of tea yesterday.  She wanted some herb tea from the Co-op.

Dale was working on his bike tonight.  It's supposed to be up to 60 tomorrow so he wants to ride his bike.

Mom and I watched the National  Geographic special called "The Volga".  It was very good.  I haven't been overusing my TV set.  The only junk program I watch is "Charlie's Angels" once in a while.  I enjoy watching the girls!  It is pretty funny sometimes (the plots & the acting).

I do plan on going to Europe this spring and I would like to go to Sweden.  It depends on how much time I take off.  I'll have to get busy and get a passport and the other things I need to go overseas.

II almost have my speaker cabinets finished.  I have to wait til I get back from Europe before I can afford to buy speakers for them.  I need a new receiver and turntable too, but I have to wait quite awhile before I can purchase them.

Dale has been teaching me how to tun-up my truck.  I know the basics now.

I went to the Father-Son banquet this year with Dale and Dad.  A man from the Forest Service spoke.  He is the biologist for the Allegheny National Forest which includes about one half million acres.

No comments:

Post a Comment