Thursday, February 13, 2014

August 20, 1997 (Note Card from Connie)


Well, I made it .  It's been frantic here lately and just now have gotten around to getting in touch with people.

Started out just after Labor Day weekend.  Stayed over in Yellowstone (ripoff of all time), and then in Helena.  You wouldn't believe Helena these days -- really neat.   They've extended the mall, and there's all kinds of cute shops and cafes.  Had dinner at Bert and Ernies with Kathy Brown and a few of the old-timers.  (Not many are still there -- really bad problems at the State Library these days.  As always.)  

Got into Seattle late Thursday.  didn't have much time to relax, because Sunday we got word that my Aunt Petrea in California had died.  So we all packed up and ran down to Eureka.

Our family being what it is, the whole thing was more like a wake or a family reunion than a funeral. A lot of pulling closer together, and very few tears.

In between my various travels, I've been job hunting, of course.  No luck so far, but then it's early yet.  Might be able to latch onto a few short-term consultant things, until the "real thing" comes along.  Will keep you posted on that.

In the meantime, I've been gadding about, seeing people and spending money as if I had it.  And trying very hard to put up with good ol' mom, and with the fact that all my stuff is packed away (including my books -- argh! -- my stationary -- everything!)

Will be taking a European history class in October, and I'm trying to get into a ceramics class -- so I can throw some pots, and make my Christmas presents this year.  Haven't seen any films lately, but my cousin Peter has shamed me into reading some good books -- like Dos Passos' U.S.A.  Will let you know about that one when I get into it.

For now, I'm relaxing, soaking up the rain, and enjoying all the good things of Seattle.  And there are so many!

No comments:

Post a Comment