Thursday, June 6, 2013

September 23, 1976 (Letter from Debbie)



I just got your letter so I thought I'd sit down and write to you while I have a few spare minutes.  I did promise no more several month delays.

The weather here has been beautiful, for Michigan.  But I do miss Montana.  I think if I had lived my whole life there I would still miss it.  I loved Montana.  Someday, I'm dreaming again, I'll go back.

You asked "how special" my relationship is.  Well, that's hard to say.  I care for Hank an awful lot, too much for a gal who doesn't want to get "involved".  It's really a funny (strange) situation.  First of all, let me tell you about how I met him & the circumstances leading up to now.  I met him at a Parents Without Partners (PWP) Bi-Centennial carnival.  He was working on the kissing booth & I was working in the booth next to him.  He kept teasing me until I came over and bought a kiss. Wow!  Did he kiss! He was perfect for the job.  Anyway, I met him again that night at the dance. He took me out to breakfast afterwards.  We've been seeing each other since. Now comes the "cute" part.  When I met him he was living with another girl.  He had been trying to get her to leave for several weeks then.  Anyway, he gave her 2 weeks to move out.  So on her deadline she moved back home with her parents. Then one night during a PWP meeting Hank got a phone call from Marlene.  She said she got into a big fight with her parents and wanted to stay the night at his house.  He, being the kind of person he is, said ok.  Well here it is 6 weeks later and she's still there.  She told him the next day that her folks had kicked her out & it was because of him.  He told me last night he feels guilty because it was his fault she got kicked out.  So here I am in the triangle, Hank, Marlene, & me.  I don't know what to do or think.  He's a fantastic guy.  He's super with my kids, but I feel like I'm going with a married man.  I know he cares about me, but he is like you, "no commitments".  Sometimes I'd just like to say go away & leave me alone, but I can't.  I care too much.  So, I ask you, how special?  He gives me alot of good times & alot of heartache. Is that love?

I didn't mean to spend my whole time talking about Hank & me, sorry.  Well anyway let me know what you think.  Write soon & take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment