Friday, May 18, 2012

April 18, 1972 (Letter from Mardi)



Glad to get your monthly report yesterday.  It's great to get a letter on a Monday night after working late -- it doesn't take much to make me happy....

My mother called last night too -- she's getting worse than I am with the telephone!  She just called me Wed night to tell me she is going down to Florida alone because Mr. S thinks they'll have too much to do and wouldn't be able to see m that much.  Dont' ask me what they are planning to do.  My mother keeps talking in riddles so I don't bother to ask any questions.  So I'm hoping to go to Boston about that time and go down to see Mr. S late on.  I don't know what Barb will be doing.  Her mother was operated on Monday morning and found more cancer spreading through her stomach and liver, I don't know how ad it is but it probably will only get worse I'm afraid.   I know if it were my mother I'd zip right home because I'm sure she'd need me.  I don't know how Barb feels about the whole thing.  I mean about moving back to Pa or what.  My mother had to tell me all the bad news -- my grandmother fell etc etc but she's fine!  Mr. S had a test for a lump on his nose -- could be skin cancer??  He'll find out Wed, they don't think so though.

What's with all this misery?  Bill has to go in the hospital to get a cyst removed from his cheek.  He'll be known as scar face from then on.  "Oh that beautiful face."

Anyway, all goes well here, excluding the periodical bitching and screaming!  Please be sure and tell us this time "about" when to expect you, OK?  That's all I ask!!!!

The weather has been in the 70's and has now turned shitty again with rain and cold.  Yuck.  Why don't' you take Anderson out to Calif with you?  Isn't that a terrible idea.  He's always screaming about the weather and that he's going to take off and go West -- except who would pick up his unemployment check each week?

Anyways I gots to go to lunch and get busy here!  Going to see Tom Rush Sunday -- at least I hope so -- got to get tickets today!!!???

Take care and write a line now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment