Friday, February 24, 2012

February 7, 1969 (Letter from Jodee)


Have a half hour before lunch, so I thought I'd write.  It's about the food around here.  We haven't had a decent meal in 2 weeks!  Well, what are ya gonna do?

Second semester classes aren't too bad.  Civ II is another TV course.  Hope I can get a B out of it.  My calc course is giving me problems already but it's too late to drop it now.  I blew a quiz today -- what's five points anyway?  Fr III doesn't look too bad, but I got a C on my first speech in speech class.  (Where else would you give a speech, huh?)  I have a lot of reading this semester, too, and I'm already behind in it.  I better shape up, huh?

Got a letter from Gus yesterday.  I guess she's really diggin Harry Spackman.  They went to Melody last Thurs.  She's finally over John, too.  They had a date and he turned out to be "a real child".  I'm happy for her.  Tommy and I are getting pretty uptight again.  Hmm.  He came to Edinboro a couple weeks ago to see me.  My roommates thought he was really tough.


I called home Wed night, talked about 20 min.  Did you know that Tim Nuhfer's older brother Danny got killed in Vietnam?  I guess my brother felt pretty bad cuz he used to be a frat brother.  I think it kind of scared him to think that going into the service could mean getting killed.  I'm sure glad I'm not a guy!!  Anyway, I wanna go home at the end of the month an bring one of my roommates.  Me and Donna are gonna hit Shorty's.  Can you imagine, she's never been to a bar!!  My goodness!!

Last weekend was a real dud.  Fri nite Don and I went to an Alpha Phi Omega party.  We got our signals crossed.  I thought she wanted to go and she thought I wanted to go and neither of us would go without the other.  We spent most of the time in the bathroom talking about what asses we were.  It was bad.  Sat night Connie and I went to a Delta Sig party.  Everyone was drunk (but us, that is) and threw furniture and bottles all over the place.  Can't wait to see what's in store for this weekend.

The sororities around here have started throwing their rush parties.  I'd sure like to get into Alpha Sigma Alpha.  Spent three hours there last night getting better acquainted with the sisters.  They're all so nice.

What have you heard from the Humboldt girls?  I got a letter from Sue last week.  Sure wish Nancy'd get around to writing.

How's the weather in Buffalo?  It's so cold here, I can't stand it.  I wish it were summertime and that we were hitting Surf and Snug every weekend.  Oh well, only a couple more months.

Well, Paul, it's time now for another delicious Edinboro lunch.  See ya at Easter OK. Be good and study hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment