Saturday, December 21, 2013

June 4, 1977 (Letter from Connie)



Well it certainly took long enough, but I've finally come to my senses.  I'm moving back to Seattle September first.  Probably won't have a job but I'll get one.

I'm so unbelievably calm and confident about the decision after having been so frantic.  'Smarvelous!  This choice is so right.  It's time to go back, and I think I'm finally ready.

Other than that no unexpected news, really nothing more to report.  Drove to Nebraska for Memorial Day to see some cousins there.  My brother and troup hope to get into their new house by Christmas (but that's what they said last summer!)   And the kids are growing like weeds.  Pam is talking about switching from the enormously unsuccessful real estate to legal secretary or some such.

So pal, you blew it.  You had your chance to come just half a continent to see me, and come September you'll have to go the distance!




Bringing Up Baby was on the tube a bit ago.  Love it of course.  But the channel that cut the stateroom scene from Night at the Opera of course cut the scene where Cary Grant has no choice but to flounce around in Hepburn's negligee -- another of the classic scenes of all time.  And because of a thunder storm, had a transmission failure, and missed what must have been the dance number in Astaire's Flying Down to Rio.  Crud.  I just don't live right!

I'm so silly.  Getting so excited because three months from now I'm finally going to take positive action.  But I never said I was spontaneous.

Anyway -- take care of yourself.  Hope you're as calm and clearsighted right now as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment