Saturday, March 8, 2014

November 3, 1977 (Letter from Mardi)


Thought I'd better write now before things get hectic around here.   Can't believe Mom and ( were saying things like "How big of a turkey should we get this year?" & "What do the kids need for Christmas?"  This year as been like a previous life somewhere -------

Glad to hear your spirits are better!  The extra money will also help!!  Refinancing is the 8th wonder of the world -- that word alone brings back memories.  Now, I hope the "roomie" situation works out.  I think guys have less of a hassle living together than us females.

I cannot believe Barb was discharged.  It couldn't have been four years -- no way.  How long is she & Lar going to stay in Germany?  Will they becoming back to the "states"?

The weather has been decent here & I'm really spoiled!  The next sight of rain or snow is going to make me cry!  We are hastily putting up storm windows & getting windows panes fixed & shooting the caulking gun all over!  Can't wait to see the heating bill.

Your relationship with Julia sounds like one of the best things that could have happened to you now. You've got two kids to get all your childish "activities" out with & a great woman to do all that lovin stuff with.  Hope all things stay "up" for you now!  Sounds like you're on your way.  Those "down periods" are great to look back on & make you more appreciative of all the "mellow" times.

Glad you'll be around for Thanksgiving.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that the weather continues to be dry.  No now anyway.  That trip to NYC could be bad enough!  Good luck.

Wrote Renee a while ago after I got a short note from her.  I can just see Renee & Morrey cleaning, painting & papering -- it must be similar to Abbot & Costello!!

Barb should be leaving in about two weeks or less w/ no money & probably a lot of confusion! Things have been happening to Barb I can't believe -- but let me just say she's hit an all time low! I always thought Barb was really on the ball -- boy, was I wrong!  She hopefully will get back on the ball.  I don't know how she's going to do it.  She is going to live w/ Linda & Kinky I think or stay w/ her girlfriend in Boston, then she plans to get a job back at Children's & go to school.  I fear that she might stay in the same rut she was in before.  She's got to put her nose to the grindstone -- period.  So much said----

Everyone here is fine.  The twins went to Dr. B's yesterday & got their booster shots & today they were pure murder!  I don't blame them.  OUCH!  Ryan is crawling all over now.  Jeremy is moving much slower Y is the best of my three sons -- so far!  Matthew is very "trying" lately.  Of course, he's been good but he's been roughing it up w/ Ryan & trying to tell him anything now is like talking to a brick wall!  I understand his feelings but I can only stand so much!  This too shall pass-----

Oh, if Barb does get out of here next week she'll probably want to ride home w/ you @ Thanksgiving but I guess you'll be NYC bound so I will inform her.  Her friend Ann is getting married that weekend.  Why she doesn't just wait is another thing.  Actually at this point, I'd just wait till Jan 1, 1978 & start the year on a new left but w/ no job I guess she'd better get out of Warren now.

Wel;l, take care & I'll beexpecting to see you over Thanksgiving -- give me a call!

No comments:

Post a Comment