Saturday, March 1, 2014

October 8, 1977 (Letter from Renee)


We're finally settled in our new home & I just now managed to locate my address book.   Our move was smooth.  Had 15 people show up to help.  It took only 1 1/2 hrs. to load the truck & 1 hr. to unload.  I still don't have drapes or other accessories up yet and probably won't for another month. We're wallpapering & painting & what a mess!  It requires so much patience & is so time-consuming. Before we moved, I thought we'd have all our interior decorating done in 3 weeks! What a screwball notion that was.  I also had no IDEA how expensive wallpaper & paint were.  I budgeted $100 for the entire things & went $500 over my budget so far!

We've been super busy with football games, company, and many social activities.  Seems as though every time we try to get something done around here we have to drop it to go somewhere. Oh well -- that's makes life fun & keeps us going.

Paul, forgive me for making this letter so short but I have many to write yet tonight.  I promise to write again soon when I can find my typewriter so I won't get hand cramps & can write at length. Just wanted to let you know that we're all settled at this point.  Looking forward to hearing  from you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment