Monday, September 24, 2012

February 15, 1974 (Letter from Kenny)



Sorry it's been so long since I wrote but as per usual, I've been pretty busy.  I can't seem to find your last letter but I remember distinctly being quite surprised at several things. I didn't know Mardi was married and I was even more shocked to find out that she didn't marry that guy from Minneapolis.  Also I was mildly surprised to find  out Joe and Mary are going to have another kid.  It must have been good to see them though; right now I can't even remember that last time I saw Poskanzer -- probably just before graduation.  I always thought that he was going to Florida or something -- I just don't know how he can afford to support a fairly on a salary that can't be that tremendous.  In any event I hope everything works out for them.

How's things going for you?  How's school and Pittsburgh?  When are you going to be finished?  Things in Phila are about the same -- gang killings etc.  Lauren is still going to school and will be going straight thru the summer at which time she'll be done.  She's been applying for teaching positions for next September and we're pretty optimistic.  School has been shitty as usual, I'm taking 2 Wharton courses this semester which I thought would make things easier.  1 is pretty easy but the other one is killing me because stupid me took it out of sequence and I can't drop it because of very strict credit per year requirements.  So naturally things aren't going too well on that front.

I've pretty much decided to let go of any ideas that some high class job for the summer.  I figure I'll do shit-ass research for a professor for $2.50/hr and maybe take 1 or 2 Wharton courses.  I guess things could be worse.  In a way I'm kind of looking forward to it -- I've never gone to summer school before.

Speaking of Wharton (that's funny I didn't know we were) Herbie might be going next year.  He got in and he's seriously considering it.  Imagine that, little Herbie going to graduate school.

How's your social life going?  Anything to do in Pittsburgh besides cheer for Pitt's basketball team.  I hope so for you sake because you definitely aren't getting any younger and besides someone told me it helps your skin clear up!

I'm going home next weekend for one of Lauren's friend's husband's party (a lot of possessives and I lost track).  We haven't been home since Christmas so it should be pretty good.  Oh yeah, my mother bought a condominium in Florida recently (somehow my grammatical structure leaves something to be desired).  She is going to rent it out on a permanent basis for about 4 yrs until she's ready to move down there.  She bought it now to preserve the low price for the future, which is pretty smart I must confess. So in any event in the future we'll have a place to go free in Florida.  What are your summer plans?  I figure you should be about ready to go continent -hopping now that you've covered this country.  So let me know what's going on.

Got to go now, so take it easy and write back.

No comments:

Post a Comment