Tuesday, July 17, 2012

June 12, 1973 (Letter from Leslie)



Greetings -- I got your letter today -- I didn't expect to hear from you as soon although I must admit that last night I got these good vibes telling me that I would get a letter form you tomorrow.

This afternoon I've been writing thank-you notes and so have been playing some tunes at the same time: Hot Rates, Blue Oyster Cult (II), Ziggy Stardust, and Brian Auger, and now Fleetwood Mac. Have some money in my pocket but am trying to stay out of record stores.

Did I tell you that Rob (my brother) and Barb are coming east?  Well they are in a couple of weeks or less so as of this writing we have decided to tear the house apart.  A piece of the living room ceiling fell down a couple of days ago so the ceiling and walls are going to be knocked down (the plaster that is), with plasterboard put back for the walls and ceiling tile on the ceiling.  Plus we bought tile red paint for the floors.

I am also working on my room upstairs -- am painting the walls a pretty deep blue and the ceiling gray and the door red -- haven't decided about the rest of the trim.  Right now i have my stereo stet up on a shelf about a half a foot off the floor.

The weather has been amazing today -- hot as hell this morning (as was yesterday) and then a long violent thunder storm -- at one time mothballs were coming from the sky.  Then it stopped and started again and it is raining and lightning now.  A little while ago, lightning struck near the house and the following thunder shook the whole house.

The past weekend I went to Westfield, Mass with my friend Marc to visit friends Kevin and Judy. The weather was really nice for driving.  Bummed around most of the time we were there. Introduced Keven and Marc to Blue Oyster Club.  Heard some new old albums while I was there. The main one I liked was "Elementary, Doctor Watson".  Also heard some of "Birds of Fire". Kevin has also seen Leo Kottke and really likes him.

This coming weekend is going to be a busy one at Saratoga -- I would like to go all three nights, but don't know if that will happen.  Friday is Seals & Crofts, Saturday is Chuck Mangione, and Sunday is Pink Floyd.

Can't think of anything else at this moment.  If you ever get the chance, come to Rexford and I'll show you the sights (plus some that I haven't seen).  The ticket for admission is some of the records you have been talking about that I haven't heard yet.  Oh -- I ate some of the greatest yogurt today -- made with whole milk -- incredibly delicious and cream -- peach melba -- the name was Colombo.  I also bought their honey and wheat germ -- will see how it tastes tomorrow, am also going to buy more peach melba.

That's about it for now -- take care of yourself -- I love you, too and I want to see you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment