Monday, July 9, 2012

March 31, 1973 (Letter from Leslie)



Greetings.  Have gotten back from vacation and am trying to settle down.  Things have been a little strange with one of the new roommates, but that is a whole long story and easier to tell when talking.  Aside from that, I am fine and I had a good vacation -- I was in New York City for a week.

The date for the Folk Festival has been announced and it is May 11-13.  I don't know who is coming or what the tickets are.  They go on sale Monday April 2nd.  I'll try and find out more of what's going on.

So you are welcome to come up any weekend between no and when except for April 26th-30th because I will be home.  On April 30th I have a 1pm appointment to speak with Prof Jussim at Simmons College.  Ugh.  It took me a long time to finally call and make the appointment.  My applications are finally completed for Rutgers, Univ of Denver, and Albany.  I don't know if I have applied too late or not.  Anyway not much use in worrhying about it because what's done is done.

Have been hearing some "new" music lately, meaning some of it is new and some of it is new to me.  Bought Fleetwood Mac "Future Games" and have been playing it to death.  Heard Chick Corea/Return to Forever "Light as a Feather" more along "Caravanserai" lines -- heard one side and have ordered it from the record coop.  Heard one side of the Beach Boys "Holland" fantastic I could't believe it was the Beach Boys.  One side of "Hot Rats" by Frank Zappa.  The songs I've heard but never knew where they came from.  One side of a Bonnie Raitt album that was really good.  I heard the last three stoned so will have to see how they are when I am straight.

I've started reading Irving Stone's Passions of the Mind and aside from the tons of details, I like it.  Trying to avoid reading that and not doing anything else.

I guess that's the most of it for now.  How are things with you?  I hope all is well.  Write or call and let me know.  Whoever answers will say that I am out or something else equally original.  Then you hang up and call dialing directly and I will be able to activate the box, knowing that the next time the phone rings it will be you.

Take care of yourself.  Enjoy the sun when it appears.

No comments:

Post a Comment