Monday, July 16, 2012

June 6, 1973 (Letter from Leslie)



Greetings.  I'm at home now -- it's strange to be home -- will take a little while for the family and me to adjust to each other.  I'm in my room -- have set up the stereo and that helps a lot.  Are you angry because I came by your house?  Chip and I had been to see Kinzua Dam (after visiting Allegheny Park) and were going to go through Warren to get to Jamestown.  I wasn't sure how you would react if I did come by or if I didn't, so I went by and you weren't home.

I'm listening to Hot Rats by Frank Zappa -- I bought it with graduation money -- really like it, especially "Peaches en Regalia" on the first side.  I also now have a copy of the new Blue Oyster Club album (after playing Pat's every day while in Buffalo).  Really love it -- several good dance numbers and great musicianship through the whole album.  The songs have strange words -- I'm going to send away for the lyrics.  Last night I hard an album my Grover Washington, Jr. - my first exposure and I loved it.  Have to listen to the whole album again but the indications are that you would like it too.  Am listening to Brian Auger's "Second Wind", I bought it for Mom as a Christmas present -- still like it very much.

So far there is no such creature called a summer job available.  The state of New York has eliminated their summer job program this year and that was what I was counting on.  Garbage in the papers, so I'm diddling around the house, running errands, and playing golf with my mother. Yesterday we went out and I got sunburned on my shoulders and back for the first time in my life. It's Buffalo's fault -- every year I got paler than I was the year before. It is still sore today and I don't like it at all.

I still haven't heard from Rutgers, but I have made my decision and I am going to Albany (S.U.N.Y.A.) in the fall.  I have to hand in a health form and they have to receive my transcript to make it official  The main reason is financial -- I can't buy a car and go away to school and I need the car so I will be at home for a couple of years.  I put an ad in the local news paper for tomorrow, Friday, and Saturday for the motorcycle.  I hope I can sell it quickly.

Last night I went to see 2001 with my friends Marc and Bernie.  Really enjoyed it even though it was my third time.  I love the part of the movie dealing with Hal.  The different scales from one spaceship to another really amazes me -- I'd love to see the set where they filmed the movie and the areas they used landscape throughout the picture.

A couple of nights ago I was watching TV and saw a couple of oldies, "The World of Suzy Wong" and "The FBI Story".  It was the first time I had seen Suzy Wong.

Nothing else to say right now so I shall end.  Take care of yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment