Sunday, July 8, 2012

March 9, 1973 (Letter from Leslie)



Greetings.  Here are the goodies you wanted plus an article from today's Spectrum on David Bowie.  Thank you for calling me -- it was very good to hear your voice.  Not much of anything has happened since I last talked to you.  I've just spent the evening in doing some cleaning -- my room and the bathroom plus a quick sweep through the kitchen.  Getting ready to go home tomorrow -- got a ride with my housemate John.  Got back my test in German today -- my translating was terrible as usual -- the teacher has decided to let us use this test as a guideline so it is not going towards our final grade. As he very nicely said -- I'm not going to be the one to execute you.

Hello again -- I've been on the phone -- first talking with Carol and then with my brother Rob.  What a conversation -- he was really bombed.  I haven't talked to him in a long time so it was really good -- we talked bout each other's good things and bad things and experiences.   He's really cool.

Oh -- just remembered, last night I went to hear Gwendolyn Brooks read her poetry in the Fillmore Room.  She was really good.

It's kinda late so I'm going to sign off -- I don't really have anything to say except babbling.  Take care of yourself.

P.S.  I saw the movie -- the T.A.M.I. Show -- it was great.  I really like Lesley Gore and the Supremes.

No comments:

Post a Comment