Monday, July 2, 2012

February 12, 1973 (Letter from Leslie)



Greetings.  Things are going okay with me -- a few ups and downs but up right now especially after coming home and finding your letter.

Quite a bit has happened and I don't know where to start, so I guess I'll just start rambling and see what happens.  Christmas vacation was okay, I didn't do anything at all -- I just vegetated and didn't see hardly anybody and wasn't overly worried about it.  The realization that I would no longer be living with Carol  and that this whole part of my life was coming to an end put me into a state of shock.  I really understand what you were talking about last semester with your being here, but not the people you associate Buffalo with.

It's nice being back in the apartment, even so.  Right now I am tired of living with my parents and look forward to going away to school and eventually supporting myself.  (Right now I have Blue Oyster Cult playing -- really like the album so I had to buy it for myself.)  Classes are okay -- I'm registered for German 2145, Woman in Contemporary Society, and am still trying to get Pop Radio.  I've been attending that class, taught by Jim Santella, but haven't been recognized by SARA yet.  So I'm taking 12 credits and have an incomplete to make up (ick!).

I've been doing quite a bit of smoking -- at least twice a weekend for the last 3 weekends.  It is escapism and I am enjoying it, but I'm also having the high carry over into the next day so I should start disciplining myself.

I got back by GRE scores -- I'm not very happy, they are kind mediocre, but there is nothing I can do about it.  I received 500 on the verbal and 570 on the quantitative.  Enclosed is a list of testing centers in Pennsylvania.

Just talked to my mom on the phone -- she's going to NYC tomorrow and then she and Aunt Olga are going to Majorca (off the coast of Spain) on the 14th for an eight day adventure.  Hope she has a good time.  Dad is not very happy about it, but he will survive.

I've been playing a lot of basketball -- I'm not a starter, but that is a fact of life.  I only got upset once at not playing in a game at all last Saturday and have since re-arranged my head so that will not happen again (my being upset).  February is basketball month and most of my evenings have been busy and three Saturdays in a row have B.B.  Every once in awhile it h its me that this is my last season andn that soon I will be a college graduate.

I wrote down a whole list of movies that I have seen that I wanted to mention to you -- so here they are by title with no comments:  Child's Play, Jules and Jim, Gimme Shelter, Diary of a Mad Housewife, Five Easy Pieces, The Virgin and the Gypsy, The Best of Everything.

In regards to library science I am applying to 4 schools -- none of them have everything at this time.  The schools are Rutgers University in New Brunswick, Simmons College, University of Denver, and Albany State.  Wish I had a secretary.

I'm going to end now -- there's all kinds of little things but I can't remember them all.  Plus I should be getting some sleep.  I went to find you a happy Valentine's day card tonight but was not successful.  I guess the day will be past when you get this letter, but I have thought of you and hope you have a very good day.  I am very glad to hear from you and I look forward to seeing you again.  Do you wanna dance?  Take care of yourself -- good luck on your job.

P.S.  Wow this letter is a skeleton compared to all of the things that have been happening, but it is a start.  I'm sorry California didn't work out the way you had planned but things have a away of working themselves out -- hopefully always for the good.

Also enclosed is a smile for you from me -- please take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment