Friday, July 6, 2012

March 4, 1973 (Letter from Van)



We were really glad to hear from you!  You had us surprised for a day or so, but we knew we would eventually hear from you.  At first we had the impression that possibly you had decided to go further north for employment.  But with no sign of your whereabouts at hand the thought of you returning est crossed our thoughts.  We couldn't figure why you would leave your sandals and sleeping bag.  But we'll keep your sleeping bag, only until we cross paths again.

We agree 100% of your non-apologetic mood toward the Cottage!  I couldn't believe that you'd take the easy way out and return to the Cottage.  I knew it wouldn't last.  I'm sure that once my time comes to terminate that job it won't cross my mind to make any return engagements there.  I'm glad you have found such a well-paying job so soon.

I still regret to say that my car and I are not on understanding terms.  But one day we will come to know each other.  It's only a matter of time and patience.

Well Paul, all that I have to say now is that you sure missed a few pleasant sunny days, knowing that cold wintry days still prevail there.

I hope your paths of existence there are full of joy and happiness.  Take care yourself also Paul and write when you can.  "Though you have departed, still a part of you lingers."

By the way, Art Frink is still is wondering whatever happened to Paul Nelson, and I guess he'll keep right on wondering!




No comments:

Post a Comment