Monday, July 23, 2012

July 17, 1973 (Note from Leslie)



Greetings.  I came home yesterday evening and didn't have a chance to write on this before I left New York.  Roberta and I went to the planetarium on Saturday.  The show was "The End of the World".  Wow I really loved it -- but the planetarium needs better seats.  I forgot what it was like because I hadn't been to one in a long time.

Tuesday before leaving, Carol and I went to see "Monsieur Verdoux" -- a Chaplin film.  Strong social comment about a man who worked in a bank for 30 years and then lost his job.  He then becomes a bluebeard to support his wife and child.  At his trial in the final speech he asks the people to think of what he has done and then how many people have died in wars.  "Numbers sanctify".  Very interesting film -- I enjoyed it although it was a heavy.  Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment