Wednesday, July 11, 2012

May 10, 1973 (Letter from Leslie)



Greetings.  I started this yesterday and decided to finish it while listening to Stephen Stills Manassas.  (I think that is the right spelling -- I'm too lazy to go and look at the album cover.)  I borrowed it from my housemate Pat.  I think I told you about him.  He and Steve moved in when Carol and George moved out last semester.  I got him hooked on Blue Oyster Cult, and then on Fleetwood Mac.  He ended up buying his own copy of Future Games.  I went to the music room, they didn't have Batdorf and Rodney's Off the Shelf.  Would you bring that when you come?



Hello again.  Took time off to watch the Knicks vs. the Lakers.  What a good game.  Did you see the Dunwich Horror Monday night?  I didn't watch it on Monday, but I had seen it before.  What a good horror story -- based on a story by H. P. Lovecraft.  Yesterday I went to see "Man with the X-Ray Eyes" starring Ray Milland.  The dialogue was really bad but the plot line is okay.  In the end his eyes each become a solid black pupil and they receive so much light (are sensitive to it) that Milland no longer knows darkness.  He ends up wandering to a church revival group and the preacher tells him -- if thin eye offend thee, pluck it out -- which he does and that is the end of the movie.  Tomorrow I'm going to see Deliverance, finally.  Hope I enjoy it.  It is getting late so I am going to end here.  I'm really sorry that you could not come this weekend but I will be very glad to see you whenever you can come.  Take care of yourself . Hope work goes okay.


No comments:

Post a Comment