Wednesday, September 26, 2012

February 27, 1974 (Letter from Barb)



Today is Ash Wednesday and that means spring and that leads to summer and I can't believe it!  I'm sorry about my seine of time here and also about my lack of correspondence -- I have no excuse except the usual (for me) -- constant hassle, I have seldom experienced a more unproductive and hassled six months -- I think the problem originated w/ my not listening to the right voice about a year back when I was making some decisions.  I haven't had the right strength to get thru this shit positively her e-- I really got royally screwed my by landlord and was forced to move -- I don't even want to go into it.  I'm living w/ Terry and Kathy (from Humboldt Street) in Charlestown -- moved Sunday and Rick helped me move.  The place is not bad although the building looks like a firetrap from the outside -- the apt is OK and you can't beat the price -- $98/no including heat between the 3 of us.  The neighborhood is families but very industrial -- no trees or grass that I can see, it's right near the Bunker Hill Monument -- that's the only cultural find so far.  I have generally lost all my enthusiasm for Boston w/ the bad luck I've had this time.  It's amazing how things can work out so well as they did before when I lived here and so shitty as they do now --  as you can see, I'm not exactly thriving -- fuck it.  I can't blame the city -- I can only blame myself for coming back here when I knew I shouldn't.

New subject -- Harry says hi -- she likes being in the new place cause she's never alone - Terry's cat is her buddy.  The reason I'm writing this now is that I want you to call Teddy -- he's in Pittsburgh now for a few more weeks before he goes out to Columbus -- I talked to his cousin and he said Teddy's been working hard and doesn't know anybody is Pgh so maybe you could call him and offer your services in getting ripped together -- I'll give you his # when I get home to finish this -- I'm just leaving work now. More later.

Hello again -- here's the # -- 824-4300 Ext. 325 -- he's staying at a Quality Inn in North Versaillies, wherever that is, wonder why everybody's ending up in Pittsburgh -- breathtaking Gateway Center -- Greyhound station -- I wish I was back in Pgh and could start all over.  I would have thrown the finger at Seton Hill long before I did!

How ya doin anyway?  It seems to be getting toward the end -- do you finish in June or August?  Then you'll be one of the few professionals among us -- (professional what?)

Have you heard from anybody?  I haven't.  How about Michael?  Is he still not talking to his father?  Hey, Timmy's taking karate at home from Tom Handest's wife -- this is his activity now - he's still not over Rita and is laying low.  Daddy's news is that Jeech is missing -- nothing new -- he always takes off now.  Of course Mama doesn't go anywhere.  Nobody has any news these days.  I haven't heard from the Graves -- no late bulletins on the state of the house-building.   What can I say?  I'm not in tune to these people anymore.  I threw the I Ching Sat nite and put "nourishment" -- in mind and body, rejoin your own kind and the opposite was restraint -- no hard restraint now.  I guess it is the time to be connected to people again -- the cycles always go away from or toward people -- would be nice to break out of the cycle altogether -- now that would be progress!

Write soon and take care -- if you do talk to Teddy, tell him I said hi -- I wish I could come and visit you both -- I fell like going somewhere -- Duh,  no kidding.

P.S.   Terry and Kathy say hello, hello -- Terry's looking for a job again.

No comments:

Post a Comment