Sunday, April 1, 2012

March 4, 1970 (Letter from Kathy)


Hope you have recovered from your eventful and nightmare weekend.

Everything here is so great.  I have a chance to go to Florida this Friday, so by the time you get this, I may be on my way.  The only thing holding me back is that Gary was supposed to come up Tues or Wed.  I'm waiting for him to call me back now (he gets sworn into the Air Force today) I really don't see any reason why it should bother him to come a few days late.

I'm supposed to be studying for a final now, but I'm just so excited about this Florida deal I could never concentrate.  Six or seven of us are driving down Friday night and Sat -- staying until Thursday and starting back Thurs. night.

If for some unforseen reason I don't go, then I guess I'll have to settle for skiing in Vermont for the weekend.  I consider this trip a chance in a lifetime and I really don't have any intention of letting it pass by.  It'll only cost me about $50 (at the most).  It just doesn't come any cheaper!!

I'm really curious what my parents are going to say when I call them. They'll either be all for it, or all against it.  Regardless, I don't really think they would try to stop me, and although they'll probably worry that something will happen, I think (hope) they'll be for the idea.  Should be interesting.

Sounds like things on campus are a little hectic. Have they quieted down any?



How is Buffalo doing on the snow situation?  I'm really hoping that Boston has had its last snow.

Got tickets for Gary and I to see "Hair".  I'm really glad now that I have them for the 17th, cuz I'll be back from Florida the 14th.  I've never been there!

Damn!  One of my roommates dropped the telephone last night so we couldn't dial it; a man from the telephone came this morning and put in a new telephone.  Just went to use the phone -- it's dead!  They better send a repair man over here pretty quickly.  I guess it would be pretty hard for Gary to call me if the telephone is dead!

Well, while your working hard, I hope to enjoy my break in Florida.  I'll let you know how things turn out.  Take care.  Be careful in cars.

P.W.  Thank you for the article.




No comments:

Post a Comment