Friday, February 24, 2012

February 11, 1969 (Letter from Mark)

Seems like it's been months since I heard from someone from Warren.  You're the first person I've got a letter from since I got back I think.

Yea, I went home for a weekend.  Had an all right time.  Just mainly rested up though.  I didn't even get a chance to see Gayle.  Probably won't get home again till Spring recess.  Right now I like school so much I don't care about Warren.

I finally got a single room.  It was really something how I got it.  There was a waiting list of about 500 kids, all I did was get a ruptured ulcer and that was a good enough medical excuse to get one.  It's just great though!!  The room finally looks like the ones in the catalogue.  Has brown carpet and all dark green furniture, has sliding glass doors and a balcony right off lounge.  Like it better than my room at home.

Last weekend had sort of a party in my room.  Just like having my own apartment.  Wilmer Alexander and the Dukes had a concert then we all came back to my room.  Was really great.



You've got to come up sometime. There is still that girl who wants to go out with you.  I don't' think you'd like many of the art majors though.

They had a narcotics raid at school; they caught 4 pushers and about 100 other kids -- was really cool.  In my art class only three didn't get caught including myself.  All the narcs were running all over trying to get them all.  Most of the kids were real heads and a few were main liners.

My old roommate as it turned out was a drug pusher -- marijuana mostly and some hash.  He didn't get busted though.

You wouldn't believe my floor -- almost all the kids are art majors and total head (acid).  The whole hall smells like grass and incense.  It's really cool.  None of the kids are straight, or normal.  You know it's funny, but people that are total straights really bother me now, especially people like Foster.  I hope to hell he writes cause I got a great letter I'd like to write back.

That's one thing great about being in art.  You don't meet all the status conscious people like Mike.  Mike may want to be an artist, but he lacks one thing - the soul and emotion of an artist, which he'll never get.  Mike could never make it as an artist.  The first place he's got no talent and he couldn't adjust to being around other artists cause Mike sucks and I think he's be told by too many people that he did.

I don't know -- it's my mod to cut up Mike.  Just the way I feel now.  I guess now if someone bother me I say so.  I'm not afraid to stick up for myself anymore.  I've settled my mind now and I know what I want from people and what I expect in return and he isn't what I want.

Coming to Niagara Falls on Friday to see Karen.  I was going to stop over last weekend, but I didn't go.  I decided to stay here at school   Had a better time.

I quit drinking.  It's a waste of time and the hangovers aren't worth it.  I'm finding a better substitute.  Doesn't even taste good, beer shits.  I learnt to like it, but hell who wants to gag and get all blotted like a fish, when you can get high in about 10 minutes with no hangovers.

I've got a job this summer.  I think I'll be art instructor for children at a private boys camp in Connecticut.  I think it would be really great and I'd get lot of money for it and it would be lots better than coming back to
Warren.

Well not much more has happened since last heard from you, at least to write about.

Paul, some of the stuff I write.  Please just keep it between you and me.  Rumors start easy and I sure don't want any going around.  Even the things about Mike.  My paranoia traits are showing.  But please just keep it between us and don't write anything and say anything to anyone else.  I trust that you won't.  Write soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment