Thursday, February 16, 2012

November 7, 1968 (Letter from Mary)


Again, I've taken too long to write, so sorry...

Hope you're completely recovered from the flu and strep throat stuff.  A lot of kids have had it around here.  You must have had tons to make up after 9 days.

Glad to hear your social life is booming.  As for mine, it seems to be dwindling.  I haven't seen Bob since a week ago Sunday.  I've only talked to him twice since then.  I haven't decided what's with him but one thing I am sure of -- I'm getting pretty sick of these four walls.  Yuck.  Can't wait til vacation.

You've probably already heard about Chris and Monica.  If you haven't....she's pregnant and will leave Clarion soon to be married.  I still don't believe it's true, but I've heard it from so many different sources -- even Bob's mom.  I suppose I should say --"How could they?" or "What a terrible thing", but I can't -- because they still seem like the perfect couple and I like them both very much.  I hope everything turns out all right for them.

How was your other set of exams?  What will you be going into now that you've dropped the idea of dentistry?  Bob called the other night completely discouraged with engineering, too.  He fells that all the studying he does -- doesn't profit on his tests -- or something like that.  It's mostly philosophy that's bothering him -- he might still have a chance for an A in math tho -- so I don't know what he's worried about.

The term here ends before Christmas, which means finals and more finals.  Is that the way yours works?  I'm getting scared already.  This place is really getting on my nerves -- as you can probably see!  Maybe it's just the day -- it's so gloomy.  Have you had snow yet?

UB girls are pretty lucky -- I can't imagine how beautiful life would be w/out curfews!!  We're still working on getting 2:30 for Fri and Sat.  I doubt if anything will come out of it tho.

Well...I better get goin -- we sign up for winter term classes today. See you at Thanksgiving I hope!  (We gete out on Wed morn -- 11 AM.)

No comments:

Post a Comment