Tuesday, September 25, 2012

February 26, 1974 (Note from Elaine Seaton)

Not the Manhasset Public Library in 1974

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond to your note.  I had been ill (unheard of! unthinkable! unacceptable --- but it sure happened) and home in bed for a solid week.  When I returned to th office, I was swamped with work, plus, this is budget preparation time.

As I had indicated to you, I don't know exactly when the man who is presently in the Junior Librarian position will be leaving, although he has said he'd like to leave by summer -- if/when he locates another job well outside the New York area.

On that likelihood, which I think is fairly reasonable....

The last ten days in April don't conflict with any plans of mine, at this date.  Why not drop a note, closer to that time, with a couple of alternative times that seem convenient to you to plan a visit here, and I'll confirm a definite time back to you.

Warm regards to Sue.


Sidebar:  Wonder whatever happened to Elaine.

[Elaine Seaton.  "With Friends Like These...." , 1980.]

Mentioned in The Congressional Record, May 9, 1995.   Acknowledgement of Manhasset Public Library's 50th anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment