Monday, September 10, 2012

December 15, 1973 (Letter from Kathy and Gary)



Enjoyed your letter as always.

Things have not lessened for business.

Gary was on a 13 hour work week last week and we passed at the door at 7:00 in the morning and 5:00 in the evening -- awful.

I'm working more than ever and some of my hobbies are suffering -- like the bread that baked an hour and a half too long last night. Giving baked goods for Christmas this year to people here instead of dumb gifts.  Thank goodness I got a good start and a big freezer.  Experimented with pretzels, bagels and all sorts of breads.  Made other gifts by sewing and such.  More like the old time Christmas.

Gary's out in May.  Pray that things go well and we get the bike franchise.  It worries me and although Gary shows little I think it bothers him that it bothers me.  Wish I could have his confidence.  I'm not worried about his ability just the market.  Money is so tight.  Know anyone with too much money?

We have 7 golden retriever puppies 5 weeks old -- just precious.

We're going to Colorado Springs for Christmas.  Hope snow is light in Wyoming mountains.

Glad to hear you enjoyed A. C. and that you let it "all hang out".  Gotta enjoy life -- right?

Just celebrated our 3rd anniversary.  Really unbelievable.  Seems like last year we were married.

Well, housewife duties call -- have nice holidays and hope I caught you before you left for Warren for the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment