Tuesday, June 4, 2013

September, 22, 1976 (Letter from Kathy)



The job that Gary had hoped for at FORD did materialize and better than anticipated.  Two weeks after he started as assistant service manager or service writer, the service manager quit so the store manager has been getting Gary squared away to take the job.  He should get the title shortly and the raise in pay to go with the title and, also should get a demo car.  Things are looking brighter.

Think of you often -- especially when I meet a neat single gal.  With the base located here though there are a higher % of single guys to gals.

After having lost our 2nd cutting of alfalfa to hail, we lost the third cutting to rain.  Hay costs are going to be high this year.  Thankful we don't have a horse to feed.  It's been a rather wet summer here -- not anything like Warren, but it has rained almost weekly.

Did some canning and freezing this year.  Now that I'm caught up on all that, have time to get the long lost letters written.

Gary now has Saturdays off so our lives are coming together a little more often now.  It's really neat to have him around more.  It's something I've missed the past couple years with the long hours he had at the motorcycle shop.

Wishing we could have made a trip home to Pa. in Sept -- it's been 3 1/2 years since we've been there, but finances and Gary's new job wouldn't allow for it.  Finance should be better in the spring, so I may go to see my parents alone or wait until Sept. when Gary will have a week vacation.  It would be impractical to make the trip by car in a week, so unless he can get an extra week, I may still plan to fly myself.  Wish I spent a little less time planing my or our lives and more just enjoying it day to day.

Think I have convinced Gary that after 7 years of marriage we're ready as we ever will be for children.  Just can't imagine my whole life without some children (1 or 2) to enjoy.  Think he's scared of losing the freedom to enjoy the out-of-doors.  We'll just have to work together to make a good adjustment.  So! -- I'm planning a little girl for next Sept!!!  It may not be a good time to have a baby but it just so happens to be convenient for me/us.

After having  managed to work through rope burns and smashes from the horses next door and then from some puncture wounds at work from dirty instruments, I've now discovered a lump on my right hand next to the joint in my middle finger.  Going to watch for a couple weeks and then make a decision.  Quite concerned as it does involve my occupation.

Somehow Gary agreed to take a 3 evening course with me on family planning. Really do think it helped our marriage, although it seems like it would have improved just with Gary's new job.  I'm sure he must feel better about himself.  I just couldn't have faced another winter with him at that cycle shop.

Anxious to hear if your job is still exciting to you.  Take care -- looks like those waiting years are paying off for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment