Wednesday, March 27, 2013

May 24, 1976 (Letter from Barb N.)


Hello.  How are you?

I'm trying to get a few letters off to friends and family.  I feel I should have a ditto machine.

I was told the legend of Saint Gemano (?) when I first got here.  On the way to work I pass by the spot where he was beheaded.  It goes that he was beheaded on a hill on where his head stopped rolling they built a church.  I don't know when he lived but they must have kept his blood and somehow the legend of the blood liquefying got started.  I was told the last time his blood didn't liquefy was three years ago they had a cholera epidemic.  The time before was World War II.  The blood is taken from a vault twice a y ear for a week and within that time if the blood liquefies Naples is safe.  Supposedly the worst tragedy happens when the blood does not liquefy in May.  Now for my opinion of this legend   It's hard to say yes or no to the tale.  I do believe there is a great possibility of bad tragedy for Naples judging from the bad times in Italy.   It seems in order to awaken people and get them back on their feet a shattering experience revives people to their senses.  I pray for good because I don't want to see a tragedy while I'm here.  But the course of the world isn't leading mankind through a period of joy at this moment.  Man has abused nature to the max and she is fighting back now.  I have to blame all of mankind for the sate of the world.  It's not just the leaders who have lead us stray.  What about the individuals who let it happen?  Anyone who believes we have easy times ahead is living with their head in the ground.  I don't want to look ahead with a pessimistic attitude but I've read too many signs that have come about now.  I'd like to deny it and say what I know is wrong but I don't  think so.  It could be another cycle in history but mankind is spread out to all corners of the earth.  Mankind has to live in harmony with nature!  He cannot control nature's forces.

Now someone predicted that Naples will be destroyed 29 May.  I don't know who this person is but it seems to me it would have to be some great prophet in order to predict this fate.  I will be in France that weekend but I had plans to go three for a month.  I have fears about living here now but I can't live in fear of living.

I am buying an Opel Rekord for 950.00 from a Chief.  I think I'm getting a good deal, too.  It's a 1970. The tires are good and it purrs like a cat.  He's a good person and I've known him for awhile now.  He knocked off $45.00 for me so I can check it over. I don't' feel that I'm being ripped off.

I don't regret my smoking especially when I started.  I too was ready to handle it and I don't feel that it harmed me.  I feel it opened many doors in my mind.  But now I don't need that kind of high. It's been over a month now since I've partied.  I feel so good, too.

I've been keeping to the guitar.  My fingers are starting to get raw now.  I enjoy playing teh guitar so much.

I have decided against taking anymore courses after evaluating my last class.  I feel I'm trying to do steps just to look good when it may not be my direction.  I don't like the way the educational system is set up by learning through your ass.  Maybe it's because my interest lies with the arts and children.  But sometimes I am too foolish.  I'm trying to get on a steady path.  I'm having a little trouble now.

I will end here.

No comments:

Post a Comment