Sunday, June 3, 2012

August 9, 1972 (Letter from Mardi)



Just a brief note to say that I went to Boston and back in one piece.  Naturally everytime I go somewhere something happens like a major tragedy.  This time was no different.  As we were camping on beautiful Cape Cod the very first morning,  Rick cut his arm by a piece off of a hammer.  We spent the entire day in the Cape Cod Hospital in Hyannis.  The piece cut his artery and vein and he had to have surgery!  Barb was freaking out.  Everything went well, though.  So we came back to Boston Friday night.  At least I did manage to spend two days on the beach.  Barb and Rick never got their toes wet. Rick has taken a solemn vow not to leave Boston ever again!  We had absolutely no trouble with the camping at all. The campground looked like tent city but you got used to it.  There were about 12 bikers staying right behind us.  They were pretty nice though and helped Barb and I when Rick was in the hospital   Saturday we finally splurged and went down to Harvard Square and ate at this fantastic Italian restaurant.  Cheap and great food and atmosphere.   We got drunk and stayed up all night!  It's the first time in ages I've been out to dinner and didn't have to pay.  I flew back Sunday and now I'm ready for the work-school routine.  It won't be long.  When will we be seeing you again?

We are getting settled again in our house.  We are happy with the place even though it was so dirty.

I must close an be off.  Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment