Monday, June 17, 2013

October 2, 1976 (Letter from Barb N)


I am writing you a letter now to find out some information concerning health education.

I just overheard a conversation where an officer's son has a bone disease and the hospital does not know what he has.  T hey have been shooting him up with medication to help solve the swelling and they have been feeding him intravenously.  I am very against that sort of "natural" healing.  But then again what else does society know about our bodies that today's educators have forgot to inform us about?

I was reading a lot of Edgar Cayce and he spoke of natural medicines taken from plants, herbs, etc.  He also spoke of osteopathic treatment.  I am interested in learning more concerning this sort of treatment but I'm not too sure of just where to look.  Do you have any idea?  Should I just look into a nursing school and expand from that direction?

I feel the need to learn about our body and how to heal in a natural way.  We are so ignorant of ourselves and what we consist of.  If we could explore the vast channels that lay at the ends of our senses each human would only gain true contentment in living.  Look at the gains of yoga.  It is a truly relaxing art with years of added life.

I find it hard to reach people concerning diet, attitudes; what is beneficial generally, concerning our own being.  It's like teaching religion to an atheist who shuts his mind to every word spoken concerning God.  So I feel that in order to reach people I need to set a better example through finding my path.  Also I need more knowledge to stand on firm ground in my beliefs.

I would appreciate any help from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment