Tuesday, January 24, 2012

September 11, 1968 (Letter from Joan)


Hi, old boozin' buddy!  How are you coming along?  It sounds as if you fit right into U of B.

A lot of stuff has happened in the last few days, but I'll try to tell you some of the more interesting things.  We had a dance last night w/ a local band.  About half the kids from last year who are going to main campus came up.  That place swung like the Surf Club never did.

There are only about 30 of us who came to the Venango Campus so you can imagine all the hugging (and crying) when the kids came up.  J. O. was here, but I didn't speak to him.  It seemed funny to be dancing w/ all his best friends while he was dancing w/ mine -- and yet not talk to him.

I'm campaigning for Student Senate of the freshman class.  The group this year is even better than last so I'm glad I came back.  I'm in triple section on 3rd floor right next to the boy's door.  My roommates are really nice, but my best friends are on the second floor.

A new ruling came out that the 2nd semester freshmen have to take past in Frosh week.  Two guys want me to be their slaves.  I'm not sure yet if I have to take part - I hope not!!

Well, Paul this was going to be a long letter, but I have zillions more to write.  You're welcome (for the collage).  Well, here's seeing you at Thanksgiving.  Write soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment