Tuesday, January 31, 2012

September 21, 1968 (Letter from Patty)

Well here I'm finally at college and I just love it.  Everything is better than I expected it to be.  The kids are all so friendly.  It's like living in another world compared to high school.  My courses are really interesting, and instead of mimicing back facts, I'm finally learning to really think for myself.  I think I'm finally becoming a person in my own right too.  I just can't say enough how great it is.

We definitely will have to make an effort to get together.  Can you leave for a weekend any time you want?  We (the freshman girls) have to have written permission from our parents.  I really don't think my father would appreciate it if I asked to go down to Buffalo right now.

I suppose I should tell you my courses.  They're philosophy, public affairs, math, advanced English, physical chemistry, and physics.  The only problem is that my philosophy professor is a complete bore at lectures.

There's much more I could tell you about school, but I really don't have time right now.  Write soon and let me know your address and how school is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment