Sunday, January 29, 2012

September 18, 1968 (Letter from Mary)


I was glad to hear that you have it so good...as for me, it is quite different.  Classes started the day we came and have been getting worse.  I'm taking Human Biology, Microbiology, (labs in each), Foundations of Nursing, Psychology, and Clinical Experience - (on the floors of the hospital).  Our curfew hours are a riot, too.  Monday through Thursday - 8:30 p.m.!  Friday and Saturday - 1:00 a.m. and Sunday 10:30.  Of course I never get any work done on the week nights so my weekends are shot even if I do get a chance to get out.  (Do you get it?)  Confusion.  Sorry about that.

Do you have Patty's address?  I don't think I've written to her since 9th grade!  Maybe I can renew our good old friendship.  I hope so.

Bob is over at Pitt - 2 blocks away -- it seems convenient but I don't get to see him as much as I'd like to.  Freshman engineer are supposed to have it extra rough which means he studies quite a bit.  Oh, well...

We did have fun last weekend tho.  Bob thinks he might join Phi Gamma Delta so we went to their rush parties.  Everyone seemed extra nice and no one acted fake or anything.  What a change from WAHS.  It was great.  Are you going to pledge?

Pastor Mull came to Pitts yesterday and stopped to see me and Robert.  He wanted to take us to dinner -- but weird (Bob) couldn't go.  I went with him all by myself.  Can you imagine?  I was rather scared, especially when he asked me what church I had been going to.  For the past three weeks, I've gone to St. Paul's Catholic!  Help again.  I turned red.

Well I really should start studying or reading or something.

I love mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment