Monday, January 30, 2012

September 20, 1968 (Letter from Mark)


Just got here yesterday and I only wished I could be having the fun that you are.  There isn't anything - that is right.

My room isn't finished and I was put in the NTID dorm - deaf mutes.  They didn't give me a roommate, so that makes it all the worse.  The art majors are all hippies.  Slobs.  That's the group I've got to mingle with.  Who knows, maybe I'll be a hippie.

My classes start next Thursday.  Classes from 7:45 to 5:00 everyday.  It's really going to be ruff.  There only thing nice is I'll be downtown with all the art majors.  There's only 125 of them.

The campus is really beautiful.  What's done and I don't think there is a campus that compares to is as far as architectural design.  It's really beautiful. 

I just wish I could get out of this dorm and met some freshmen.

My room is really nice -- carpeted, two closets, two dressers, desk and chair, air-conditioner, and phone.

Write soon.  Maybe next letter I'll like it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment