Saturday, January 28, 2012

September 16, 1968 (Letter from Mike)


I just got back from the airport.  Mardi was really happy and I think half of the class of 1968 was there.  It was a thoroughly brutal experience to say the least.  I hated to see her go.  For some odd reason I've grown attached to that girl.  The old group has really been fucked up now.

I'm finally done with work an am I ever glad.  I'm in the process of thinking about packing.  But at the moment that's all.  I'm not too anxious to start tearing my room apart so I'll let it go till some other day, like about Saturday.  Then I'll leave my parents in a uproar so things won't be dull around here.  I still have lots of goodies to get and things to do.  (By the way, why don't you drop Mrs. Peroski a note?  I'm sure she'd like to hear from you and it might cheer her up.)

I've got one hell of a cold and I'm trying to get rid of it before I go to school.  But you know what I think of staying home, so I doubt it if I'll be able to shake it.  Why do these assy things always happen to me!  I've probably got lung cancer of something like that.

Well Nellie, I'm going back to bed.  Only 4 1/2 hours of sleep last night and I need my beauty sleep you know.  Write before I leave and then I'll write from school.  (I got a letter from Sigma Phi Epsilon...sounds like a dirty rush to me.  I'll find out when I get there and tell all about it.  It might be interesting.)

No comments:

Post a Comment