Tuesday, May 14, 2013

August 20, 1976 (Letter from Grayce)


Nonsense!  (My not taking the time to read your letter thoroughly!)  Naturally, I got it the day after I mailed yours -- which gave me no time whatsoever to delete the offending (heehee) Kierkegaard, Hegel, etc. passages . . . did you suffer very much from them, dear?  Just be quite thankful you have some thing to make you sleep (ah, zzzzzzz!)  That commodity has been rather scarce around her lately.  I've had about 3 white nights this past week & expect at least a few more before we leave on Monday.

Yesterday, we played volleyball at a picnic for 4  -- count 'em -- 4 hours (with several beer breaks, of course) & even t his exercise did not tire me out sufficiently to receive a full, uninterrupted night's sleep.  Oh, well . . .

How did Parent's Weekend go?  I hope well.  Was everyone impressed with your new nest?

I haven't started Rhys' book yet -- I'm saving it for Nebraska (or Iowa, if I absolutely cannot wait!) I've been trying to read as much Simone de Beauvoir as possible lately.  I just realized a few weeks ago that I've started reading all these feminist writers, so I' like to do a thorough job.  I've read some Colette, too, & enjoyed her very much.  Haven't decided who should be next yet.

I'm not sure if I gave you our new address, but I don't think I did.  (Thought you'd get away without it, didn't you?)

2050 Steven Lane
Pocatello, Idaho 83201


Numerologically, it's a pretty good address for me -- 5 & 7 are my lucky numbers.  (The zip code can be played with also, to arrive at both 2 + 3 = 5 & 8 - 1 = 7.)

I'm happy that you've embraced yoga.  Now we can discuss effects.  Do you know your body better yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment