Monday, May 27, 2013

September 4, 1976 (Letter from Debbie)


Pine River in Michigan.  
Looking much the same as when Debbie was there in 1976, I'd guess.

Surprise!  Wow, how long has it been?  Much too long.  I'm ashamed of myself.  I always answer letters.  I'm getting as bad as you.

It seems like I just don't have any time anymore.  I've taken on the position of assistant chairman of family activities in Parents Without Partners.  It's quite a responsibility, and it takes all my spare time.  Anyway I enjoy every minute of it.

How are things with you?  What have you been doing with your time?  How's your job going?

The kids are both doing well.  They are about to drive their poor mother crazy!  I sure will be glad when school starts.  Jody is a totally different boy than the one in Montana.  He's even talking well now.  But Jeremy is the chatterbox.  It's hard to believe my baby is growing up so fast.  The little monster is even sassy.

Last weekend I went on a canoe trip with some friends of mine.  I've never had so much fun in my life.  We went on the Pine River which, by the way, is one of the fastest rivers in Michigan.  I had never been canoeing before and it was quite an experience.  One I know I"ll never forget.

I've met a fantastic guy.  He's older than I am but he sure is special.  He also takes up a lot of my time. Have you met anyone special, yet?

I'm planning to go on a family camping trip next weekend with P.W.P (Parents Without Partners). I'm sure it will be a lot of fun.

I can't think of much else to say, so I guess I'd better close for now.  I'm sorry I've waited so long to write.  I promise to be better next time. Write soon and take care of yourself.

Hugs & kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment