Sunday, December 8, 2013

May 12, 1977 (Letter from Lar)



Thanks for the card.

I am still getting the New Times.  That's one magazine I wouldn't give up.

As far as I can tell, Mom and Dad don't have the book "The Lutherans in North America".

I had a nice birthday.  We had trout for dinner at home.  Mom made a rice pudding with honey which was very good.  Mom and Dad gave me a set of colorful sheets and a fireproof strongbox to store important papers in.

Mom made a spice cake and put vanilla ice cream between the layers and topped with whipping cream. I wouldn't have any frosting on my birthday cake.

Supertramp is a pretty popular group in Buffalo.  They used to play a lot of the Crisis? What Crisis? album last year.

I just heard on the radio that the Moody Blues have a new double album out.  Three sides are live and one side is new studio music.

Dad was feeling down yesterday.  He's upset about the church.  The attendance is down as it is in most other churches.  Dad blames himself.  He would like to retire early.

Dale doesn't like working at the Process.  He'll get his first paycheck tomorrow, maybe he will like it a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment