Thursday, December 26, 2013

June 13, 1977 (Letter from Cheryl)


Sittin here waitin for the old man to come home from work so I thought I'd drop ya a few lines. Haven't wrote in a long time, so I hope your still at the same place.

So how have you been doin?  Good I hope.  Have you gotten any time off from your work since I last heard from you?  It's the time of year for it.  I wish I could go hitching some place, but the urge will pass.

What's ya do over Memorial Day wk. end?  We went to this place called Camp Tuffet in Mont.  It's on Lake Mary Ronan. Sure was pretty up there.  Caught alot of salmon & they sure were good. Then on the way back we went threw the buffalo range.  Saw alot of em & got alot of good pictures.  Kids sure got a big kick out of it all.


Last wk. end was the annual "Lead Creek Derby Days" carnival & it was wild.  For 3 days there's a carnival, fireworks & a lot of drunk crazy partying people.  It really brings the people out of the walls.  We spent about $60 on rides, games & food but had one hell of a time.  Was drunk the hole time.  Not stumbling drunk, just fun drunk.  But I'm glad it only comes once a year.

Well I finally heard from George last month.  He got busted for 1st degree burglary in Portland. Guess they dropped the charges & just charged him with parole violation.  Got a questionnaire from him today -- he said that everyone thinks hell only get a yr. to 18 mo. but I bet he's there alot longer.  They've got the new prison all finished now too.  He had a lady in Portland & had been with her for a year almost.  He said he don't think she'll wait for him.  I don't either, not being that far away.  Unless you live right in Deer Lodge it's hard to wait a long period of time for someone, no matter how long you've been with em.  At least me & George are still friends.  I just wish he'd of kept his shit tog. & out of the joint.

Have you got any pot plants this year?  I've got about 60 up & they're all doin pretty good.  Have had alot of rain & hot humid weather & they really like that.  Just hope they don't get ripped off this year.  They have a habit of disappearing the past 2 yrs.  Is there alot of speed back there?  Boy I wish I had some.  For awhile it was pretty heavy but now no one has got any. I didn't say that cuz I wanted you to send some -- that'd be stupid.  I was just curious.  I really don't need it anyway, cuz we're trying to have a baby.  Been tryin for a couple months but nothing so far.  Maybe this month.

Some people we use to live with are back in Conn.  Jeannie hadn't seen her people for 5 yrs & when she left it was just a little town.  Now I guess it's really big.  She don't like it too well either, but they don't have gas money to come back.  I'd sure hat to be stuck back there.

Well, Paul, I've gotta go.  Don't think I'm gonna make it up till he gets here.  He's on nite shift for 2 wks & stayin' up from 8:00 A.M. til 1:00 or 2:00 p.m. ya get a little tired.  So take care & write soon & let me know how your doin.  Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment