Wednesday, January 23, 2013

May 27, 1975 (Letter from Denise)

Montana 1975

I'm glad to hear that you're doing ok.  I'm also glad to hear that you enjoyed your vacation to California.  I'll let you know what's happening with us at the present time.  There is so much that is happening at the present time, and a lot in the present future.  Remember I or Kenny told you that we were going to make some angel dust, well we started it, and we're not yet done with it cause when Kenny opened the ether, something caused it to catch on fire.  The whole kitchen was in flames, and Kenny was in there with it.  Kenny got burnt really bad, and is now in West Penn Hospital.  He's got 2nd and 3rd degree burns.  The burns he does have are on both his arms, the back of his knees, the middle part of his back, and his face is badly burnt which consists of blisters on both of his lips.  Paul, I don't know how you feel about God or even about praying to the Lord, but could you say a little prayer for Kenny.  You know something, I knew something was going to happen, I didn't know exactly what, but I just knew something was going to happen.

We've only got 8 more days till our first anniversary.  On June 2nd, we will be married for one full year.  You know something, we may both be in the hospital June 2nd.  I'm going to try to hold this kid back until June 2nd.  Kenny and I thought there was going to be time a couple of days ago, but it was a false alarm.  You know something, we're not even ready to bring the kid home.  We don't have a crib or any clothes or anything.  The only thing we do have is a couple of dresses if it's a girl.  I'm making a blanket for him which I'm almost done with.

You know something, I'm really worried about Kenny.  He's not even allowed to have any visitors because he may get infections from outside people.  I was going to spend the whole day with him today too, and when I found out about him not having any visitors, that really pissed me off.  It took me 2 1/2 hours to get out there, and I was only allowed to spend 5 minutes with him.  I was lucky to get 5 minutes, they weren't going to let me see him at all.  Paul, just say a little prayer, please  I've got to close for now, will write when you let me know what's happening with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment