Thursday, January 2, 2014

June 23, 1977 (Letter from Renee)


So sorry it has taken me so long to respond to your last letter.  With the ending of school I got pretty tied up and I've been spending my time looking of jobs and trying to clean up around the house.   I was in Warren last weekend and saw Mardi and things are still on for the 4th of July weekend.  Joan is pregnant and expecting any day -- so count her out.  I am writing to Mark V.V. today -- he has moved to Washington and Emily gave me his address which is 1811 T Street NW Apt. B, Washington D.C. 20002.  We're not planning any big gala event -- just a quiet get together with a few friends like you had suggested.  My dad has beer and junk so what I think I'll do is just collect a couple of bucks from everyone to cover what we consume and call it even with my folks who don't mind a bit.

I have been looking for a new job but not much luck.  Seems as though no one interested in school teachers nor are there many jobs open since job mobility is at a real standstill these days.  I'll keep looking and trying but I signed my contact for next year just to be safe and sure.  I am absolutely bored out of my mind with nothing to do around here.  There are a million projects around the house I could conceivably do but I lack the motivation or interest to even get stated.  I am back on Weight Watchers faithfully after having messed myself up for the last couple of weeks before school ended.  I get very unhappy with myself and very much depressed when I'm not on the diet so I feel a little prouder this week for being a good girl.  I'm gonna be thin one of these days if it kills me!

I have been very depressed since getting out of school and frustrated because the future doesn't look terrifically hopeful but I'll still keep plugging away at things until something comes up.  I'm so oriented to working that when I am given free time I tend to waste it.  When I'm in school I long for days when I can get so many things done.  Now that I have the time -- I lack the interest.

I'm not going to make this a long letter cause I'm saving all the things to talk about till I see you over the 4th which is just a week away from this weekend.  Morrey and I will probably drive to Warren on Thurs. night June 30th and sty till Mon. or Tues. after the 4th which will make for a nice little vacation for us.  Our dog absolutely adores the cottage and loves to swim in the river. We have a lot of fun watching her enjoy herself and playing with her in the free and open area around the cottage.



I hope you'll forgive such a shitty letter from me this time.  I promise to improve over the next one! Please call us at the cottage when you get in to Warren.  I will anxiously be awaiting out get together on Sunday.   Let's pray for decent weather.  We were there over Memorial Day and I can't remember when the weather has ever been so gorgeous.

Take care and be well.  Drive carefully.  (Is Dodie going to be in town that weekend?  If so, please feel free to invite him and his wife out to the cottage for our gathering.)

No comments:

Post a Comment