Wednesday, January 29, 2014

August 20, 1977 (Letter from Cheryl)



Sittin' here spacing out, & was writin' letters to everyone so here I am writing to you.  It's been almost a month since I heard from you, longer since I wrote you.  Hope this finds you in good health, and stayin' loaded and not working to hard.

We're all doin great here.  Shorts still works in the mine, and still likes it; the kids are getting' ready to go back to school the 29th, and I'm looking forward to alot of time on my hands, come then.  Don't really know if I'm gonna like it or not tho.  Guess I have no choice tho.  I'll figure something out.

We went to Billings about oa month ago, then last wk.end we went to Missoula.  Had a really great time & saw "Star Wars" which is really a good movie, bought some albums & went to the "top Hat" & heard a really good country band.  Saw my aunt & uncle & one of my cousins which I hadn't seen in over a year.  She'd gotten married since I saw her last.  Marriage seems to change people for some reason.

My brother popped in about 3 wks ago and it sure was good to see him.  He's gonna try and get on in the mine, which he'll probably do, cuz he's worked there before and all the college kids are quitting next wk.  Summer is always a good time for me.  People come to see us or we go to see them.  Too bad it's so short.

We're going to Banff National Park over Labor Day and I can hardly wait.  None of us have been to this part of Canada, and from what I here it's really beautiful up there.  A lot of mountains and big trees.  Should be a good trip.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Our pot crop is really bad.  I've had it planted since May and it isn't even 3 foot high yet.  We've had a really hot summer, too, but from all the other plants & fruit trees up here on the hill; it seems like they only grow & produce every other year.  So, if that's the case, next year we'll have one hell of a good crop.  At least I Hope so.  Not that I'd wanta live in the big city but from what you say, your crop is doin' really good.  Wish I had some of your green thumb on pot.  The dope situation out here is really good the past 2 weeks as far as speed.  There's been a lot of it around, and for a good price, but we try and stay away from it any more.  Well, as much as we can.  Mostly just on the wk.days.  The weekends get pretty wild.  It's one hell of a party and a lot of fun.

Haven't heard from George in a long time, but I know from his ma, he's still in the joint & not doin so well.  Guess the warden sent his ma a letter with a bunch of questions, so she wrote back and they sent the answers to the shrink there.  They think he's crazy.  He is, but it's not good for any one to know it but his family.  Oh well, such is life.

Was glad to hear you had such a good time with all your people & friends.  Too bad you couldn't take a long vacation & come out here to visit.  It isn't nothing like the big city, but it's nice & mellow & the people are great.  I'd like to see you again, one of these days.

Well, we're goin' to visit somne friends so I'm gonna go for now.  Take care of yourself and write soon.

Just out of curisoity's sake, how much does pot go for?  An ounze (the spelling's not right) it's goin for $60 here for Columbian.

No comments:

Post a Comment